Friday 10 October 2008

disappointed


i've just had some of my images printed as cards for a shop.Because it was a small print run I couldn't afford to do litho prints and had to go for digital...which you'd think would be good enough.The printers (lets name and shame because i am annoyed - VLM.com) firstly sent my 300 cards 4 days late.but thats ok. I'm a tolerant person.HOWEVER they arrived looking like they'd been lying around in a stock room for 3 years.They had bleached out and marked YELLOW borders (even though we'd given them an extra 0.5 cm bleed on the crop)...thats not all, they also had marks on every one, upturned corners, hairs on the images,look like they've been cut with a blunt blade, ink coming away at the fold...IN FACT they are totally unsaleable.Anyone who knows me knows if it ain't perfect I won't sell it, and these had my name on the back.300 UNSALEABLE cards (i'll cut them up into gift tags) SO THEN I phoned the printers politely.They,politely, agreed to reprint with a matt laminate coating free of charge (that's good of them) and I received the new batch today.Yes they are much better quality BUT yet again i'll be calling them on Monday.The fold is 2mm out...which matters when it leaves a white line next to the black border of the image.arrrrgggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

1 comment:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

What a disappointment. I have been there myself. I was so annoyed that I promised Overnight Prints that I would persistently name names. It makes you wonder who they actually impress and how they stay in business. (I'm being harsh, but really, that's the bad taste I still have...! It was a disaster.)