Saturday 9 February 2008

Faeries in our tree


When Ophelia (my 10 year old) was 1 I made a paper faerie for our Christmas tree.Every year since then I have made new faeries (they have evolved somewhat) and over the past 5 years have been selling them at Christmas fairs and giving them away as birthday gifts to various little friends.My daughters have faeries hanging above their beds (their guardian angels!).As I write this 2 of my faeries are travelling across the world to make their home in Sunny California!
The faerie in our tree was finished this afternoon and has already sold but I thought i'd blog about her because I am making more... and will be listing them at Etsy over the next few days.
She is made from the most gorgeous Japanese linen bought from lin-net.com .
Stuffed with organic stuffing wool from myriad. Her wings are made from mother of pearl and vintage buttons (each faerie is unique) strung onto wire...and her legs from embroidery beads.
I hand painted her sweet face with acrylic paints and her hair is made with faerie dust (glitter!)...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is just so adorable! What great keepsakes those faeries will make for your daughter.
-Kat