Monday 8 December 2008

Come and Play



I've been busy...actually that's an understatement. For the past 2 months I haven't stopped making.And everything is selling so fast I don't even have excess stock for my Etsy Shop.Fairies, hairbands, bags, purses, Luno's.I had another order last week from a lovely fairtrade shop in Cornwall, Uneeka. I've sent off 10 'Luno' monsters,100 hairbands,20 lavender hearts, 20 cinnamon hearts, 35 purses and pencil cases.See Esthers tutorial at LondonMummy.I adapted it a little.You should check out her wonderful inspiring blog. I love it.I still have to make another 40 make up bags / coin purses to be posted asap.And typically my sewing machine is playing up. First the zipper foot spring flew off midway through sewing.Then I broke about 5 needles.Now its making a very strange clattering sound. SIGH!
In the morning I'm going to my old School to give a talk to the 6th form Art students, show them my work (mainly photography but a few handmade things too) and get intimidated by a bunch of 17 year olds.I'm sure they will all be lovely and enthusiastic. As major backup I'm taking Greg, my very talented friend and husband to one of my best friends,and he is bringing a dvd.Apparently he rambles, his words not mine, so thats surely a good thing.I'll just talk for the first 5 minutes and then hand the conversation over to him!...

1 comment:

London Mummy said...

Wow Asia you have been busy! Thanks for the tutorial mention - please tell me you didn't line each one by hand :) Hope the sewing machine is behaving a bit better now - always happens right when you are in the thick of it. I'm guessing you might not have a chance to re-stock your etsy shop before Christmas?

As always I'm way behind on catching up with emails but I loved that you got asked for ID in the supermarket :)

Don't forget to take a break when you can!