Tuesday 24 February 2009

News



Easter Owls available at UNEEKA at the moment. 
Well its been busy. Loads of photography work and editing. And a few sewing projects on the go. Then half term holidays came and went so fast.
And I have to tell you I've been very naughty.Last Sunday my friend Lucy and I went to the photography show Focus on Imaging at the NEC.Have been thinking for a while that I need to upgrade my camera...and was sure that I would find a canon 5D at Focus second hand / reconditioned.I found one but it just didn't do anything for me. It didn't feel right when I held it and it certainly didn't make me feel like the mamiya 645AFD did 5 minutes earlier at the Jacobs stand (where incidently the man behind the counter was rude to me, so rude in fact he refused to show me the lenses because -his words - he was pushed for time.It was obvious he just thought I was NO WAY going to buy that piece of heaven.well he was wrong).So I bought the mamiya and  I LOVE IT and I look at it like a mother looks at her newborn. And it hasn't even had film in it yet because I'm treating it like a first child - reading the manual (just like i read the baby books when Ophelia was born) in the hope that when i do load the film nothing will go wrong......and the pictures are in my head waiting to be shot....one problem - the digital back for this mother is approx £7K so i'm back to shooting roll film until I can get a cheap digital back...

No comments: